Heather’s Rotary Derby Dip
- 1 3-ounce package softened cream cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup light mayo
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon or base
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 small, seeded tomato, chopped
- ½ cup cooked and diced turkey or chicken
- 2 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, chicken bouillon, and cayenne until smooth.
- Spread mix on a 10-inch flat dish for serving.
- Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese, Swiss cheese, tomato, turkey or chicken, bacon, and parsley.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!
Makes: Enough for a party!
Total Time: 20 mins preparation, 3 hours refrigeration
Chef’s Name: Heather Manion
Family: Two children, three precious grandchildren, and a chocolate lab named Riley Belle
Community: The Covenant of Rancho Santa Fe
Interests: Singing with choir at Church of the Nativity, hospitality, cooking, musicals, and meeting new people
About the Recipe: I chose this recipe because it feeds a festive group. Everyone always wants this recipe and I like having one of the star dishes at a tailgate party, a neighborhood potluck, or a backyard BBQ.
About the Chef: I love entertaining. Lots of lists and advanced preparation make things easy. Eight to 18 is my favorite number of guests. I enjoy a version of sit-down dinners with a partial buffet. I also like using different areas of my condo for different courses. Patios make great bars, family rooms for appetizers, dining rooms for dinner, and living rooms for dessert. Colorful food presentations plus great friends equals a wonderful evening.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92067magazine.com